Physiotherapy before and after surgery can be a crucial part of returning to your normal activity at work and play.
Orthopaedic procedures such as the following benefit greatly from before and/or after surgery -
· Shoulder - arthroscopy, tendon or ligament repairs, decompressions, joint replacement, fracture management, acromioclavicular joint repair.
· Hip - arthroscopy, labral repair, joint replacement.
· Knee - ligament, cartilage or tendon repair, arthroscopy, joint replacement.
· Spinal - fusions, stabilisations, discectomy.
· Ankle - arthroscopy, ligament repair, joint replacement.
· Foot - bunion and toe surgery, fracture management.
Physiotherapy can also be very useful after a breast cancer operation as it can help you return to full range of movement in your arms and can also help reduce the risk of side effects such as lymphoedema and shoulder problems.